Africa Photography Safari
May2015 and January 2016 dates COMING SOON
Africa Photography Safari January 2015 – Sold Out!
Get ready to for a photography adventure in South Africa! This exclusive, deluxe tour will take you all throughout Kruger National Park to capture more animals and wildlife than you can dream of! Instead of 2-3 days in Kruger, you will spend your entire trip there on safaris.
You will be led by professional photographer Christopher Balmer who will give you first-class instruction on how to capture the best pictures possible. Tour host John Blacker will be with you to make sure you are comfortable and taken care of!
Hurry – this trip will sell out in just a few days! All inclusive rate Includes: round trip airfare from Chicago, all hotel accommodations, sightseeing as outlined in itinerary, meals listed in itinerary, ground transportation via deluxe coaches, and excellent English speaking park rangers. We only have one person per bench in the vehicles to insure you do not miss a shot on either side of the vehicle.
- Johannesburg Airport area – City Lodge OR Tambo or similar, Inside Kruger National Park – Skukuza Rest Camp or similar and Olifants Rest Camp or similar
- Meals as per itinerary (excluding drinks)
- For return transfers on 16 th and 23rd – 16 seater minivan with trailer.
- Kruger Safaris – 4 x 10 seater open vehicles (max 3 passengers per vehicle)
- Tours and entrances as per itinerary
- English speaking tour co-ordinator throughout
- Porterage at airport and hotels
- Any item of personal nature: extra meals, drinks telephone calls, ect.
- Travel Insurance
- Tips – drivers, guides, and restaurant
- Optional tours
This is a once in a lifetime trip and a once in a lifetime price! Do not miss this opportunity! Call today 208-523-6789208-523-6789
Investment: $4,795.00 Dbl. Includes round trip airfare from Houston Texas (Airfare route may change depending on when you register.)
Optional Private reserve at Inyati : $1995.00 Dbl.
$1,800 non returnable deposit due at registration to secure airfare.
Day 1: 11 Jan – Fly from Houston to South Africa.
Day 2: 12 Jan: Arriving Jnb , meet and assist and escorted to hotel, OR Tambo City lodge or similar. Overnight Johannesburg.
Day 3: 13 Jan : Early morning departing from OR Tambo City Lodge at 06h30 (packed breakfast from hotel to enjoy in the vehicle) and transfer to Orpen Gate. Arrival around 14h00, meet Safari Direct rangers at Orpen Gate and load luggage over onto 4 or 5 x4 vehicles (2 vehicles will have trailers for the luggage). Drive in open vehicles to Olifants Rest Camp and arrive before gate closes at 18h30. Dinner at Main restaurant. Rangers overnight with group. Overnight Olifants Rest Camp or similar (B,D)
Day 4: 14 Jan: Early morning game drive – depart Olifants at 04h30 when gate opens, snack (juice and fruit), stop for breakfast at Letaba rest camp around 09h00/09h30 and after breakfast continue on game drive, stop for lunch (for pax own account), after lunch continue on game drive and return to Olifants rest Camp just before gate closes at 18h30. Dinner and overnight Olifants Rest Camp. (B,D)
Day 5: 15 Jan: Early wake-up, check out, load luggage and depart from Olifants at 04h30 and drive towards Skukuza. (snack juice and snack bar) Bush breakfast at Satara Rest Camp. After breakfast continue on game drive, stop for lunch (for pax own account). Continue on game drive and arrive at Skukuza rest camp just before gate closes at 18h30. Check in, dinner and overnight Skukuza Rest Camp or similar (B,D)
Day 6: 16 Jan: Early wake-up, leave camp at 04h30 when gate opens for morning game drive. (snack : juice and fruit) Return to Skukuza rest camp for breakfast. After breakfast continue on game drive, lunch stop (for pax own account). Continue on game drive, rangers drop off group back at Skukuza rest camp at around 17h45/18h00 and exit the park before gate closes at 18h30. Dinner and overnight Skukuza rest camp of similar (B,D)
Day 7: 17 Jan: Early wake-up, rangers pick up group from Skukuza rest camp at 06h00, check out, load luggage in trailers, (packed breakfast), morning game drive (snack juice and fruit). Continue on game drive towards Paul Kruger Gate to arrive at gate around 09h00– at Paul Kruger Gate. Pax not extending to Inyati will get into closed transfer vehicle at gate and transfer back to Johannesburg via Panorama route (B – guests returning to Jnb). Pax not extending to Inyati will get into closed transfer vehicle at gate and transfer back to Johannesburg via Panorama route and will be dropped off at Jnb OR Tambo airport in the evening.
*Optional Inyati Extension
Optional Inyati Package with transportation to Inyati and entrance fees along the way guests continuing to Inyati will get into 1 or 2 vehicles with trailers and will then transfer in the open vehicles to Inyati Lodge entering at Newington gate. (other 2 Day vehicles will return empty to Hazyview). Vehicles drop off group at Inyati in time for lunch, check in, afternoon game drive, dinner and overnight Inyati.
Day 8: 18 Jan: Inyati – Early morning game drive, breakfast, at leisure, lunch, afternoon game drive, dinner and overnight Inyati. (B,L,D)
Day 9: 19 Jan: Inyati – Early morning game drive, breakfast, at leisure, lunch, afternoon game drive, dinner and overnight Inyati. (B,L,D)
Day 10: 20 Jan: Early morning game drive , breakfast, check out. Transfer vehicle will pick up group from Inyati around 09h30, transfer back to Johannesburg via Panorama route including Blyde River Canyon and one waterfall. Drop off pax at Jnb airport for final departure back to Houston. (B)
***It is urgent that you sign up and make the deposit ASAP. The reason this trip is so reasonable is that we have a GREAT deal on airfare and it will only last a short time. Any customer signing up at later dates may be subject to an increase in the airline price and thus raising the overall price of the trip. Professional photographer instruction and guiding.
Meet Your Hosts
Your Host: Christopher Balmer
Owner of Perfect Light Camera & Supply, Photographer, Instructor and Member of Professional Photographers of America Christopher is a nationally known Northwest wildlife and nature photographer. Having taught over 5,000 students, he has become a very well respected photography instructor throughout the country. He has extended knowledge and expertise in Wildlife, Landscape, Portraiture, Commercial, Product, Flash and Macro photography. His technical knowledge of all cameras and camera equipment is unsurpassed. Students travel to his courses from all over the country and many from overseas. His passion and excitement for photography is very contagious and he has always had the goal to teach people how to take the picture right in the first place and to not rely on Photoshop and other editing programs to “fix” the photo. Come and see why so many people have sought out his photography educational courses.
Schedule of events for Christopher in 2013
Does not include over 30 Beginner/Intermediate courses throughout the year!
- January 11-13 Utah Travel show presentation Ogden, Utah
- January 23-27 Keynote speaker -St George Utah bird festival
- February 6-10 Lead instructor/Host “Winter in Yellowstone” workshop FULL
- February 19th Lead instructor Law enforcement-Fire department Crime scene photography workshop
- February 26th Presentation to Master Naturalists Idaho Falls, Idaho
- February 28th 5th year anniversary Ribbon cutting for IF magazine photo contest sponsored by Perfect Light Camera
- March 15th Co-instructor Perfect Light/Steven Hatch “Flash mastery course” FULL
- March 30th Lead instructor- outdoor portrait/Lighting course Challis, Idaho FULL
- April 13th Instructor “Intermediate DSLR” course in Ogden Utah for travelling group FULL
- April 27th Grouse days presentation in Dubois Idaho
- May 12-16 Lead instructor/Host “Spring in Yellowstone” workshop FULL
- May 25-27 Lead photographer Field of honor photo shoot
- June 2-6 Lead instructor/Host “Spring in Yellowstone 2” workshop FULL
- June 26-30 Instructor/coordinator “Aliens and cowboys” Stock photography seminar in West Yellowstone FULL
- July 13th Photographer “sand dune stock photography shootout” FULL
- August 12-20 Lead Instructor/Host AFRICA workshop Kruger national park FULL
- September 18-21 Lead instructor “Fall color in Yellowstone” workshop
- September 22-26 Lead instructor “Fall in Yellowstone” wildlife workshop
Sell the Dog, Sell the Spouse
Get the Camera,
Go on this safari, you will not be disappointed
Going to Africa on a Photography Safari has always been a dream for me but finding a reputable tour agency and photography company to lead a trip such as this appeared too confusing. Recently I found out about “Perfect Light Camera Store and Supply” hosting a trip to Kruger National Park in South Africa. It was the best traveling decision that I have ever made. Everything was perfect from the travel arrangements, all sleeping accommodations, and most of all the location choices for photography. If you are considering traveling for photography reasons I would highly recommend you check out the locations that Perfect Light Camera and Supply host. I enjoyed my African experience so much that I will be going on the Amazon Trip in June of 2014.
Wild West Gypsy Photography
We didn’t have a good time. We had an awesome time…….:)
Absolutely the best trip… See you for the Amazon trip.
It was an amazing trip. Great experience and people.